Wednesday, June 30, 2010

she grew up...

She.

Is beautiful, amazing, kind, lovely, hilarious.

She is graduated.

And I.

I can’t believe it.

I decided to surprise the girls—Tayte for her 17th (gah!) birthday, Korryn for her high school graduation. As chance (& schedulers) would have it, Korryn’s graduation was the weekend after mine—as in, 5 days later. To say it was a whirlwind might have been an understatement. So we left West Virginia from my graduation, hosted (from a hotel since our “extra” bedroom turned into a storage room) Rusty & Gay for 3 days, and then the very next day I flew out to Washington.

If I would have known that Tayte’s adorable friends were planning on pulling her out of bed at 11:30pm & brining her blindfolded & screaming, bra-less & shoe-less into the airport, I would have had my camera ready. Alas, I did not have my camera ready & missed out on what might have been the best blackmail material ever.

Korryn, thinking she had the right to a social life or something, didn’t find out I was home until the following day. Jerk face. (just kidding).

And then the moment came: with borrowed clothes & accessories & shoes (I literally carried underwear & my purse on the trip), we walked into the giant arena & watch the little miss graduate.

06.04.10.RHSgrad..0006c

There were tears: mine.

There was cheering: ours.

06.04.10.RHSgrad..0036c

There were air horns: tayte’s.

06.04.10.RHSgrad..0022c

There were snears: people around us.

06.04.10.RHSgrad..0011c

And then there was the graduate: beautiful.

06.04.10.RHSgrad..0029c

06.04.10.RHSgrad..0005c

I can NOT wait to see what God does in her life. She’s grown into an incredibly stunning young woman. Plus, BONUS!!!!, we get to live in the same city for the next three years. DARN excited about that (little Taytie? Will you come live there too?).

06.04.10.RHSgrad..0046c

1 comment:

joyfuliving said...

j'!! i just love those little photo collage-y things...do tell how you do those again? cause i couldn't seem to download what you said it was before {make sense? no? good, cause i'm confused too}.

thanks!! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin