Friday, April 25, 2008

a love story.

i haven't had time to read. nothing other than textbooks, at least. and my devotional--which squeezes itself into my nighttime ritual right before i turn off my bedside lamp.
but oh how i love to read. to get caught up in someone else's story. the temporary escape from my life....and the journey through anothers.
and one of the blogs i just started reading has her own (PG version) of a romance novel. i started it last thursday. and finished it on friday. and am anxiously awaiting the ending to this fantastic tale of city-girl-meets-cowboy-and-life-turns-up-side-down.
because above everything else, reading it makes me want to fall in love all over again. with jon. and because i'm not exactly feeling eloquent today, i'll just use her words.
"And I knew, even then: [ that jon], not only that night but in the months to come, would prove to be my savior, my distraction, my escape in the midst of troubles, my strength in the face of upheaval, my beauty in times of terrible ugliness. He held my heart entirely in his hands, this cowboy of mine, and for the first time in my life, despite everything I’d ever believed about independence and feminism and emotional autonomy, I knew I’d be utterly incomplete without him."



thanks for loving me, jon....
i would be utterly incomplete without you.




1 comment:

joyfuliving said...

you guys are waaay stinkin' cute and are going to make pretty stinkin' cute babies yourself someday. but i had to tell you, i got hooked on her story too...i think i just made it to chapter 4 or 5 so far, but it is addicting to read. another fab. writer to be envious of...:) it makes me want to write out OUR story and add to what i started when he proposed.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin