Tuesday, September 09, 2008

sick.

It was another hard day yesterday. Not because of the patients. But this time, I was the one that was sick. I’d had some indigestion for the two days prior, originally attributing it to something I ate. But on Monday morning when I woke up with stomach cramps, I knew it was something else—perhaps a friendly little virus that decided to set up camp in the rugal folds of my intestines? Probably.

I tried to tough-it-out. I tried to make it through the day. But I knew the day was off to a bad start when I had to use the restroom three times before and after one patient. Finally, my attending told me I looked sick & that I needed to go home.

His instructions were followed by at least 7 hours of sleep and a bowl of chicken noodle soup. I’m sticking to the B.R.A.T. diet for the next few days (bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast).

Kind of a crummy way to end such a great weekend? Or to start a new week, whichever way you look at it. I’ve gone home (to NC) each weekend so far & hopefully will be able to keep up the trend. With deployment on the horizon & away-rotations all over the country, Jon & I are trying to soak up as much time together as possible…

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin