Sunday, October 16, 2005

live what i believe

i was reflecting today. reflecting on my attitude, on my faith, on the events of my week. i was reflecting on how i have been feeling lately and concluded that i am not living what i believe.

last week at the Casting Crowns concert, Mark Hall was speaking and said something absolutely true-to-life:

"You may say what you think, but you will always live what you believe"

although at first i thought what Mark said only applied to those hypocrites who are "Sunday Christians", who show up at church half hung-over. for those who talk the talk but don't walk the walk. i am totally not one of those, i thought. i always live what i believe...

wrong.

have i lately been a living example of my faith in God's plan for my life? no. have i been a light to others' lives through the confidence i have, by faith, in my own? no. have i been optimistic about the future God himself set forth for me? no.

bottomline: i haven't been living what i believe.

i haven't been trusting in God's plan. i haven't been giving all circumstances and situations to Him--the ultimate planner. i haven't been showing confidence in my faith because i have been doubting my potential and my strength in trusting Him. time to change. time to start doing all the things that i haven't been, to turn my life and my actions and outward optimism over to God. time to start letting the Leader lead my life.

[note: went to Lifecenter today--awesome sermon by Pastor Joe :) you can listen here (click on Part 5: Grace for the nobodies)]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BlawgThink 2005 - Mandatory Cool Thing To Do
One of the "cooler" events that I had the opportunity to participate in this year, was LexThink! in April .
Find out how you can buy and sell anything, like things related to private road construction on interest free credit and pay back whenever you want! Exchange FREE ads on any topic, like private road construction!

Anonymous said...

BlawgThink 2005 - Mandatory Cool Thing To Do
One of the "cooler" events that I had the opportunity to participate in this year, was LexThink! in April .
Hi you've got a great blog here, the best I've seen so far for Auto loans related. Keep up the good job! I found a similar Auto loans related website yesterday, check it out. Looks like the
Auto loans related site does not have a blog yet, so check them out at their company site.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin