Thursday, December 04, 2008

conversation.

[knock knock]. Hello, hello Mrs. G! I’ll be talking with you briefly before the phys…

Get out of here.

What? Mrs. G I’ll be talking with you bef…

Get out of here.

Okay. You don’t want to talk to me?

Oh gawd! My back. My back. Help me. Help me. MOVE MY LEGS. MOVE MY LEGS!!!!!!

Umm. Okay. Mrs. G I don’t know how to help you. I don’t know what is wrong with you.

Oh honey. I’m hurting so bad.

Okay. Well where are you hurting?

Oh gawd! My back. My back. Help me. Help me. MOVE MY LEGS.

[reaching out to move her legs]

Get out of here. DON’T TOUCH ME. DON’T TOUCH ME!!!

Mrs. G, you just asked me to straighten your legs.

I know honey. I’m hurting so bad.

You hurt your back? When did you hurt your back?

My legs! My legs! MY LEGGSSSSS!!!!! Oh gawd! My back! My back!

Mrs. G, I don’t kno…

Get out of here. I’ll break your wrists. I'll just snap 'em. Right in two.

Mrs. G, I…

Out! GEETTTT OOUUUTTTT!!!!

I…

Straighten my legs!! STRAIGHTEN MY LEGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You just told me to ge….

I want my doctor. I want my nurse. I want some drugs. Oh gawd the pain!!! THE PAIN!!!!

And her voice faded into the air as I walked out of the room, shook my head, and went to fetch her doctor. Patients like these I am THANKING THE GOOD LORD ABOVE that I don’t have my license yet :)

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin